DeFRAG stands for “DePaul’s Fundamental Research in Academic Gaming” and is one of the largest social student organizations on DePaul’s campus. Our mission is to provide events and resources in gaming for entertainment and education to the students and friends of DePaul University. Whether you spend every free second of your day programming, your favorite activity is beveling the edges of 3D objects, you enjoy a good game of Guitar Hero, your full time job is in World of Warcraft, or you occasionally waste time playing Minesweeper, there is a place for you at DeFRAG.
We throw a wide variety of events each quarter in order to educate about game development, inspire competition in gaming, or just to have a good time with other students.
Types of Events we have run in the past:
- Project Nightlight: Our annual game development competition, spanning over a few months.
- The End of Quarter Tournament: Our quarterly tournaments. From Gears of War 2 or Super Smash Brothers Brawl to a tournament with every game genre smashed together, it’s always different and always a great way to escape from the stress of finals.
- Geek Till Dawn: Why go home when the CDM building closes? We keep the building open all night, and the games and movies are rolling until the sun comes back up.
- Video Game Jeopardy and Board Game Night: Try out your video game knowledge and enjoy a game of Muchkin or two.
- Music Night: Rockband to DDR and everything in between
- Off campus activities: Laser tag, Nickel City, Dave and Busters