DeFrag Afterparty Episode 2
RSS - http://defrag.depaul.edu/feed/podcast/
In this episode of the DeFRAG Afterparty, we discuss grind-fest iOS games, Payday 2′s new update, Watch Dogs’s upcoming release, Shaq Fu, the possibility of The Last Of Us movie and Disney’s recent staff cuts.
Theme song by RoccoW
DeFrag Afterparty Episode 1
In this special episode, we revive the DeFRAG Afterparty, we revive the podcast with a discussion about Threes, Banished, Peter Molyneux’s recent interview with Develop, a wall street investor who wants Nintendo to make free-to-play games and Dean Hall’s departure from Bohemia Interactive.
We also had some tech issues getting this episode up and running this week, but we’re going to be regularly airing on Fridays.
Theme song by RoccoW
Come play a ton of awesome local multiplayer games next Friday at 5:30pm in room 924 of CDM!
We’ll be wheeling up a bunch of TVs and plugging in a ton of games! And if anyone wants to let people try out their local multiplayer games, feel free to bring em!
This time, the Olympics are in Chicago!
Are you ready to test yourself over a variety of video games? Do you and your friends have what it takes to win the gold?
DeFrag Olympics is a week away! Come join us February 21st at 5:00PM in 924 of the CDM building.
Registration runs from 5:00-5:45pm, tournament starts at 6:00pm.
Free food, drinks, and company. Bring a group of friends and participate together, or show up solo and make new friends!
A wide variety of games to play await you!
Left 4 Dead 2
Octodad: Dadliest Catch
and several more!
$2 entry fee (but watching and eating food is free!)
Winning teams get sweet prizes!
In just two weeks DePaul will, once again, be hosting a site for the Global Game Jam, the largest annual game jam in the world! This is absolutely the best opportunity for students to jump head-first into game development and come out swimming with a finished game!
Students interested should email Allen Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject include the identifier [GGJ 2014]
In the email include your name, skillset (programming, design, artist, animation, sound, etc.) and student ID number
Next, sign up on the DePaul University Jam Site
Non-DePaul students are welcome, but must pay a $50 fee
SPOTS ARE LIMITED, so please sign up soon!
For everyone wondering what to do between Thanksgiving and Christmas, DeFrag is here for you! Join us for our second annual Winter Break Board Game Night!
Friday, December 6th in the CDM building, room 924. The card and board game festivities begin at 5PM and last for 4 hours.
There’s something for everyone, and guests are welcome!
Our biggest event of the year is almost upon us! Geek Til’ Dawn is our biannual overnight in CDM we hold each fall and spring quarter. This is our twelfth Geek Til’ Dawn and they only get better every year!
This year we will have video games, board games, anime, geeky movies, a costume contest, a raffle, a magic draft and many other smaller events and get-togethers!
The Costume Contest will start at 9:45pm in room 920. Three board members will judge, and there will be candy prizes, so bring your best Halloween costumes! However, we must insist that if you costume involves a prop weapon, leave that at home. We cannot allow prop weapons on school property
There will also be a Magic: The Gathering Draft at Midnight hosted by Next Dimension Games in room 920. There is a $15 entry for the draft and a prize pool for the winners!
However, this is an overnight event and we have a few additional rules that must be followed as a result.
1. Registration is Required. All students must either register at the event or preferably beforehand on Orgsync.
2. Guests are allowed, but only one per student. Guests also must be registered and must remain with the person who registered them at all times.
3. Everyone must wear the wristbands provided at registration. On the day of the event at the registration desk, each student and guest will be given a color wristband that must remain on them at all times during the event.
4. All students and guests must remain on the 9th, 7th, 5th and 2nd floors. All other floors are strictly off-limits.
If anyone is caught in violation of these rules they will be removed from the building. As long as everyone follows these simple rules though, the entire event will be a lot of fun!
Thanks, and we hope to see everyone there on November 15th!
Come hang out and relax with a casual night of board games, card games, and just hanging out in general at DeFRAG Board Game night on the 24th of May. From 5-9PM of the DePaul CDM building room 924.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Our next Geek ‘Til Dawn will be May 31st-June 1st, 8pm-7am!
The fun activities you love will be returning, but we’re happy to announce an All-New Event, DeFrag Assassin!
20 PLAYER SLOTS ARE OPEN FOR THIS PHYSICAL INTERACTION GAME TAKING PLACE DURING GEEK ‘TIL DAWN 11 MAY 31st from 9pm-3am!
PLAYERS COMPETE AGAINST OTHER PLAYERS TO BE THE LAST ASSASSIN STANDING!
Fill out this form to register and be part of the experience.
Assassin GTD Rules and Sign Up
DeFRAG has begun preparing for next school year and we’re looking for people interested in joining board for 2013-2014.
So what does being on DeFRAG Board mean?
- Help to Design, Plan, and Run all DeFRAG events.
- Become part of a great community of Board Members, both current and former.
- Leadership and Management Experience.
What does it take to be on board?
- Attend board meetings. [generally 3-4 times a quarter]
- Attend and help run DeFRAG events.
- Oversee at least one event a year.
- Be a face for the organization.
What do you need to be eligible for DeFrag Board?
- Be a DePaul student, enrolled at least half-time for the entirety of the 2013-2014 school year.
- All class levels including grad students are welcome.
- You don’t have to be a CDM student, all majors can apply.
- Don’t be shy, even if you’re new to DeFrag, we like to see members who want to be more involved.
- And finally, you should love games, whether it’s making them or playing them, and whether they’re on a console, a PC, or a table.
If DeFRAG board sounds like something you would be interested in, send an email WITH A HEADSHOT PICTURE of YOURSELF (we don’t judge, we just want to see if we recognize you from events) to email@example.com to express your interest.
Be sure to tell us:.
- What you would like to contribute to the organization.
- What year you’ll be during the next school year (sophomore, junior, senior, etc.)
- What kinds of games you play.
- What you’d like to see DeFrag do differently next year.
We will vote on the 2013 – 2014 DeFRAG board during Geek ’Til Dawn 11 on May 31st.
The deadline for applications is Saturday, May 18th at 11:59 PM.