Geek Til Dawn Orgsync registration is now open:
please note that registration for this event is *REQUIRED* so if you plan on attending Geek Til Dawn please take a few moments to do so at the link above thank you~
The end of spring quarter is around the corner!! And that means its time for our semi-annual Geek Til Dawn- this time around the theme is Friends n Foes/ Rivaleries
Check in starts at 6pm in the CDM lobby, and be sure to do so by 11pm as that’s when the building closes. Also, be sure to stop in 924 at 8:30 for announcements!
This year the raffle prizes are a Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8 (and neon joycon controllers!),Injustice 2, and Super Mario Bros Movie and a Fedora!! This year’s tournament will consist of games such as; super smash bros, Mario and Sonic in the Olympic Games, Overwatch and more! We are also having a movie room with some classic movies such as Train to Busan, Civil War, Fast n Furious, Alien vs Predator! As per usual we will have board games all night in 924 as well as video games in the game lab, pizza during the night and dunkin doughnuts in the morning!
*be sure to stop by 924 before 12 as that is when we do the raffle drawing!!
The schedule of events is as follows (There will also be a powerpoint with all this info in 924 with room information):
GDC Presentation by John Groot: 9:00
IGF Experimental Showcase Room “Video Game Road Show”: 8:00-4:00
3DS/Slumber Party Room: 6:00-ALL NIGHT!
Game Dev Open Workspace: 6:00-ALL NIGHT!
Ongoing Raffle: 8:00-11:59
Hearthstone Tournament: 9:00-12:00
Raffle Drawing 12:00
Magic Draft: 12:30
Overwatch Free-Play 1-3
Open Forum: 9-10:00
Please keep in mind this is an overnight event and we have a few additional rules that must be followed as a result.
1. Registration is Required. All students must either register at the event or preferably beforehand on OrgSync
2. Non Depaul guests are allowed, but only one per student. Guests also must be registered at the main lobby table and must remain with the person who registered them at all times.
3. Everyone must wear the wristbands provided at registration. On the day of the event at the registration desk, each student and guest will be given a color wristband that must remain on them at all times during the event.
4. All students and guests must remain on the 9th, 7th, 5th and 2nd floors. All other floors are strictly off-limits after the building closes at 11.
If anyone is caught in violation of these rules they will be removed from the building. As long as everyone follows these simple rules though, we shouldn’t have any problems.
Hope to see you all there on May 26th!
Wahoo!! DeFrag & HerCDM are teaming up to bring you a savory helping of independent games that’ll give ya a real feeling! We’re offering up a mere slice of the awesome games out there that are challenging our medium and giving it more depth, strength, and sincerity.
WHERE: CDM 500 GAME LAB
WHEN: Friday, 6-9PM
Laugh, listen, maybe yell a little, and chat, as we play games and relax in the game lab from 6-9PM this Friday! Feel free to stop by for a few minutes or a few hours. Play somethin’ new, meet someone new. All of the games here heavily emphasize experience over skill or competition, so no worries, no pressure.
FEATURED WORKS (tentative list):
– Radiator 2 – Robert Yang
– Lieve Oma – Florian Veltman
– ALIEN CASENO – Grace Bruxner
– how do you Do It? & Bum Rush – Nina Freeman
– Morning Makeup Madness – Jenny Jiao Hsia
– Orchids to Dusk – Pol Clarissou w/ audio by Marskye
– Little Party – turnfollow
– Oἶκοςpiel – David Kanaga
After our talks at DeCon on May 5th, we’re going to be kicking off a weekend-long game jam! Come join us for that, it’s gonna be a good one!
Game jams are an excellent opportunity for game developers of all skill levels to hone their craft and strengthen their relationships by Goin’ Nuts to finish a videogame in 48 hours.
If you’re interested and you have an idea of who you’d want to work with at the jam, consult with your team members and fill out this form so we can get your info!
If you’re interested but you don’t quite know who you’d like to work with, and/or you’re willing to make some new friends, fill out this form!
More detailed information is on the attached poster.
See you all there!
This is a reminder that Defrag Board Applications are due tomorrow by 6pm. For more details , see this link: http://defrag.depaul.edu/archives/4270
Decon is coming up next Friday! We will have talks from students who went to GDC to share what they learned as well as some industry speakers + a Game Jam! Hope to see you there!
Geek Til Dawn-Date Confirmed
While we haven’t fleshed out the details for this event- we do have a confirmed date. Mark your calendars for May 26th, 2017 and get ready for a great time!
Defrag Discord Channel
Our first event of the Spring Quarter will be this Friday, April 7th from 5pm-9pm in CDM room 924. Join us for an evening of friendly competition! Members will be participating in teams with a variety of physical and digital games
Hey DeFraggers, we hope you had a nice and relaxing spring break!
We would like to announce that DeFRAG board applications for spring quarter are now open and they are due April 30th!
So what does being on DeFRAG board mean?
- Help design,plan,and run events
- Leadership and management experience
Who is eligible?
- Depaul students, enrolled atleast half time
- Freshman through junior
- ALL majors- doesn’t have to be a CDM student!
What do I do if I’m interested?
- Send us an email to email@example.com
- And be sure to tell us:
- What you’d like to contribute to the club
- What year you’ll be during the next school year
- What you’d like to see DeFRAG do differently next year
- AND be sure to include a head shot picture of yourself so we can identify you!
- And be sure to tell us: