It’s our biggest event of the quarter, Geek Til Dawn is this Friday! This quarter’s festivities include, but are not limited to:
- A WiiU + SuperSmash + GameCube controller bundle raffle!
- Magic The Gathering draft at midnight courtesy of MTGCardMarket!
- Ninja and Witch Hunt rooms all night!
- Anime and Kung-Fu movie rooms all night!
- TF2, The Ship, and local multiplayer rooms!
- Board games and Streetpasses for days in 924!
- PC and console games all night in 536!
- And Dunkin’ Donuts at 7am for those who stay all night!
You won’t want to miss it! Registration starts in the lobby at 6pm, and the event will kick off with announcements and pizza in 924 at 8pm.
Do RSVP for the event on our Facebook and OrgSync pages as well. Part of our agreement with DePaul and CDM security is that we keep track of all attendees and guests via OrgSync, and RSVPing now will save you time registering at the event.
Can’t wait to see you there, it’s gonna be a BLAST!
We’ve got something special planned for Halloween this year! While you may think that a DeFRAG Halloween-themed event would involve a bunch of scary games like Silent Hill or Amnesia, we’ve got something a bit different planned for you folks.
We’re excited to host our own Hunger Games event, with the DeFRAG twist of being a live-action game rather than a book or a movie, and of course with a little spooky and a LOT of candy sprinkled in as well.
So stop on by 924 for a few hours this Friday at 5pm for some sweet snacks and a great time! Also, we’re finishing up early this week since everyone has places to go that night.
See ya there!
Hey DeFragers! Listen in on this weeks DeFrag Afterparty as we discuss Payday and Payday 2, have a hands-on chat about the new PS Vita style, and discuss our horror game experience(s).
We’ve got a busier schedule than usual, and a lot to cover this week:
- The Fortune Cookie Game Jam was this weekend, and was a huge success. Congratulations to all teams that participated, and especially those that presented their games today! We’ll be posting a .zip file of all of the actual games here as well as on the Facebook event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/693716264052863/), so everyone can check out the games from the event and play them yourselves.
- While we do not have an event this week, there are two gaming-related events going on this Friday. The first one is actually at the Lincoln Park Campus, where Extra Life is going to host a Game Truck just off campus from noon to 4pm. Extra Life is a charitable organization that gets gamers together to fundraise for children’s hospitals such as Lurie Children’s Hospital here in Chicago. So stop by the truck, play some console games, and learn about a great organization and gaming for a worthy cause!
- The second event this Friday is a Garry’s Mod Game Night. Game Nights are a smaller and more laid-back style of event compared to our main events on Fridays. Stop by the Game Lab at 6pm for a few hours of fun custom games like Prop Hunt, Trouble in Terrorist Town, GMod Murder, and more!
In this weeks DeFrag Afterparty we discuss The new Smash game, and the reasoning behind Windows 10, as well as last weeks event, Board Game Night, and the upcoming event, Smash Bros Meetup. Tune in!
DeFrag Afterparty Special Edition: Josh Tsui
Missed the talk by Josh Tsui from RoboModo about his work and the industry? You’re in luck! It’s recorded for you to listen to here!
Thanks to everyone who came to Board Game night!
Our next event is a themed meetup night for the release of the newest Super Smash Bros. game for 3DS. But that doesn’t mean we’ll only be playing the newest version, so if you’re a fan of any game in the series, then this event is for you! We’ll have Smash for N64, Melee for GameCube, and Brawl for the Wii, and stations set up in both the game lab and on the 9th floor for your enjoyment. And of course, bring your 3DS if you have one for new game goodness and Streetpassing for days.
We’ll be starting at 5pm as usual, and the event will take place in both the game lab and 924. Pizza and pop will be provided as well in 924!
Here’s another announcement to pass on to you folks,
Dr. Rusch is perfoming a research study with the College of Nursing on exploring “how the design and application areas of videogames aim to capture the experience of players with mental health issues.”
If you are interested in participating or have any additional questions about the study, please contact Doris Rusch at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Mental Health Game Study”.
Come on over to CDM this Friday for a friendly night of casual board games! We’ll have board games of all kinds, from Magic: The Gathering and Cards Against Humanity to Settlers of Catan and Scotland Yard. If you have board games of your own, bring them along too!
Also, we will be hosting a special Q&A session with Ashley Ruhl and Johnny Owens, two former DePaul graduates and DeFRAG members, about their experience in the game development industry with Sledgehammer and Telltale Games. This Q&A will start at 7pm and last about an hour.
If you like your games on a table rather than a monitor, or just want to try something new, then join us this Friday night at the CDM building, room 924 at 5:00pm!