It’s that time of the quarter, and our biggest event of the year is almost upon us! This is our 15th Geek Til’ Dawn, and each one keeps getting bigger and better!
Check in starts at 6pm in the CDM lobby, and be sure to make it into the building before the building closes at 11pm. We’ll be starting announcements at 8pm, with a Special Edition Arkham Knight PS4 raffle at midnight. We’ve also got an Injustice tournament, a superhero-themed Witch Hunt, anime and superhero movie rooms, and of course board games and video games the entire evening. And for those that stay for the entire event, we’ll have doughnuts courtesy of Dunkin’ on Saturday morning.
However, this is an overnight event and we have a few additional rules that must be followed as a result.
2. Non Depaul guests are allowed, but only one per student. Guests also must be registered and must remain with the person who registered them at all times.
3. Everyone must wear the wristbands provided at registration. On the day of the event at the registration desk, each student and guest will be given a color wristband that must remain on them at all times during the event.
4. All students and guests must remain on the 9th, 7th, 5th and 2nd floors. All other floors are strictly off-limits after the building closes at 11.
If anyone is caught in violation of these rules they will be removed from the building. As long as everyone follows these simple rules though, the entire event will be a lot of fun!
Thanks, and we hope to see everyone there on May 29th!
It’s Witch Hunt time again! This time, we’re going to give it a Plants vs. Zombies theme to it, so get ready to defend the garden (and your brains) from zombies!
Head on over to room 226 of CDM this Friday at 5pm for a jolly good time of deception and trickery.
RSVP on our Facebook page event https://www.facebook.com/events/1393647874296220/
Hi there, folks!
The time has come again for the Fall/Spring quarterly DeFrag DeCon Game Jam! Stop by room 924 this Friday at 5pm to get in on our largest academic event of this year!
What is DeCon Game Jam, you may ask? One-half life lessons and one-half bonding, DeCon Game Jam is an opportunity to learn from your peers, from professionals and then to apply those skills spending the weekend making a game!
Overview of weekend’s schedule:
5:00pm – 7:00pm: The first half of DeCon will be speeches by students who attended the Game Developer’s Conference back in March, and they will be sharing what they learned from attending the conference with you!
7:00pm – 9:15pm: The second half of DeCon will be a quick break for pizza and pop, and then our keynote speakers from Wargaming, Young Horses, and the indie game scene will be presenting!
9:15pm on Friday to 6pm on Sunday: Game Jam! Make a game with a team of fellow students over a weekend, and present+play them Sunday in 924.
Make sure to RSVP to our Facebook event to be informed of any event updates, and to be the first to know when the game jam games are posted!
Hello all, two quick updates to pass on to everyone:
- Our next event is this Friday, May 1st. We’ll be hosting a Multiplay Night from 5 to 9pm in room 400 of CDM. Come play a ton of four-player local multiplayer games with your friends, dig into free pizza and pop, and have a great time with us! RSVP at the Facebook event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/478145572337378/
- The application for the game lab moderator position is now open! The following is a fillable Google Forms sheet with the description of the position and all necessary information for you. Just fill it out and click submit: easy as can be!If you have any questions about the position or the application process, please email email@example.com
Hello all! Two quick updates from your friendly local neighborhood DeFRAG secretary:
- Thanks to everyone that went to our Wheel of DeFRAG event last Friday! Despite multiple technical difficulties and the event being in a different location than usual, everyone still had an awesome time! It was great watching people react to the goofy and wacky games that we had planned for everyone :3
- Our next event is this Friday, our quarterly Board Game Night at 5pm. Room 924 as usual, stop on by and play board and card games with friends!
DeFRAG has begun preparing for next school year and we’re looking for people interested in joining board for 2015-2016.
So what does being on DeFRAG Board mean?
– Help to Design, Plan, and Run all DeFRAG events.
– Become part of a great community of Board Members, both current and former.
– Leadership and Management Experience.
What does it take to be on board?
– Attend board meetings. [generally 3-4 times a quarter]
– Attend and help run DeFRAG events.
– Oversee at least one event a year.
– Be a face for the organization.
What do you need to be eligible for DeFrag Board?
– Be a DePaul student, enrolled at least half-time for the entirety of the 2015-2016 school year.
– All class levels including grad students are welcome.
– You don’t have to be a CDM student, all majors can apply.
– Don’t be shy, even if you’re new to DeFrag, we like to see members who want to be more involved.
– And finally, you should love games, whether it’s making them or playing them, and whether they’re on a console, a PC, or a table.
If DeFRAG board sounds like something you would be interested in, send an email WITH A HEADSHOT PICTURE of YOURSELF (we don’t judge, we just want to see if we recognize you from events) and “DeFRAG Board Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Be sure to tell us:
– What you would like to contribute to the organization.
– What year you’ll be during the next school year (sophomore, junior, senior, etc.)
– What kinds of games you play.
– What you’d like to see DeFrag do differently next year.
The deadline for applications is Friday, April 24th at 11:59pm.
We will vote on the 2015 – 2016 DeFRAG board during Multiplay Night on May 1st. Accepted applicants will be notified the week following at our DeCon Game Jam.
It’s our quarterly board game night! Take a break from studying for finals (or celebrate finishing a final or two) with a few hours of board games with friends.
We’ll have board and card games of all kinds from the Game Lab’s collection of tabletop games. Anything from Magic: The Gathering and Cards Against Humanity to Settlers of Catan and Scotland Yard to fan favorites like UNO and The Resistance will be there. If you have board games of your own, bring them along too!
If you like your games on a table rather than a monitor, or just want to try something new, then join us this Friday night at the CDM building, room 924 at 5:00pm!
Hello all, just a quick update with what’s going on in DeFRAG for the month of February.
Our next event is a joint charity fundraiser with DemonThon on February 20th from 3 to 9pm. We will be hosting a fundraising event in support of Extra Life, which is a gaming charity that supports Children’s Miracle Network hospitals across the country, including the Lurie Children’s hospital here in Chicago! Both 924 and the game lab will be chock full of tournaments, board games, pizza and pop, and a raffle for an XBox One + Sunset Overdrive!
There will be a $10 admission price as well as an entry fee for the tournaments, but remember that 100% of the profits will be going to charity. So do it for the children!
UPDATE: Check out our Facebook event for the Extra Life fundraiser event HERE)
Also, at the end of the month is our first-ever Pokemon Gym Leader Challenge event! So get out your 3DSes, boot up your Pokemon X/Y/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire game, and start training now to take on the Gym Leaders of DeFRAG! This event will be on February 27th from 5 to 9pm in room 924 of CDM. Prizes and a Facebook event are in the works, but the rules for the event have already been posted here.
UPDATE: Check out our Facebook event for the Pokemon Gym Leader Challenge HERE, and vote on which prizes will be given to the Elite Four and given as raffle prizes!
Join us as we kick off the mark of another AfterParty with talks of Windows 10, Evolve, Amiibos, pre-purchasing and more!
The name says it all: this is THE Super Smash Bros. tournament you’ve all been waiting for since the game came out on 3DS. Put your skills to the test and settle it in Smash!
We will be providing standard GameCube controllers for all stations at the event, but if you have your favorite lucky GameCube controller then bring it along. However, we will be allowing only the use GameCube controllers for all participants.
We’re also raffling off a pool of rare and hard to find amiibos as well!
Pizza, pop, and registration will start at 5pm, and registration will end at 5:30pm, so don’t be late!